Buy an Orange Pi Zero 3 instead of Raspberry Pi 4.

Orange Pi Zero 3: Raspberry Pi 4 cheaper alternative?
Orange Pi Zero 3: Raspberry Pi 4 cheaper alternative?

I'm looking for a cheap SBC(single-board computer) that can replace my laptop to host Home Assistant, Shairport-sync, and Scrypted.

The straightforward option is the Raspberry Pi 4. Raspberry Pi 4 is a popular and well-support SBC. However, Raspberry Pi 4 is not in my budget. The Raspberry Pi 4 4GB kit, which includes a power adapter, SD card, and case, would easily cost around RM 400 in Malaysia.

Then, I found a much cheaper alternative to Raspberry Pi 4, Orange Pi Zero 3, on Taobao. It's like a Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W but has a 4GB RAM variant. I think the SBC performance should be able to handle all my services for a light user.

So, I ordered it for about RM 202 with shipping to buy a set of Orange Pi Zero 3 4GB RAM, which includes a 5V3A USB-C power adapter, SD card, Orange Pi expansion board, HDMI to micro-HDMI cable, and heatsink. Orange Pi hasn't released the official case yet, so I can't buy it.

Orange Pi Zero 3 4GB RAM
Orange Pi Zero 3 4GB RAM
Orange Pi Expansion Board
Orange Pi Expansion Board
Heat Sink
Heat Sink
5V3A USB-C Power Adapter
5V3A USB-C Power Adapter
micro-HDMI to HDMI Cable
micro-HDMI to HDMI Cable
64GB microSD Card
64GB microSD Card

It looks not bad, right? It looks not bad, right? I will update here once I get it.

**Orange Pi Zero 3 Update here

Video

Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url