Simple DIY Monitor Riser Project

Simple DIY Monitor Riser Project
Simple DIY Monitor Riser Project 

Why do I need a monitor riser?

via GIPHY

I am actually sitting in the not ergonomic posture for a long time. My monitor is lower than my sitting eye level, so I have to bend my neck or back to look at the monitor. To make me sit ergonomically, I decided to DIY a monitor riser.

What is the alternative?

Besides DIY a monitor riser, I still find some options in the market.

Monitor Arm
Monitor Arm (Credit: 3dsky)

The monitor arm is one of the options, but my concern is about the IKEA table I am using.

IKEA table inner Honeycomb-like structure
Honeycomb-like structure (credit: IKEA)

My IKEA table is a honeycomb-like structure instead of solid wooden, which I saw many people complain about the monitor arm's base may bend the table.

Wall Mount Monitor.

The next option is the wall mount monitor. It was too complicated for me to fit the bracket into the wall. I will avoid this option in any condition.

Monitor Riser available on the market
Monitor Riser available on the market

The last option is the pre-made monitor riser. You can actually find one very affordable and quality monitor riser in the market. It's not much point in making it by ourselves.

However, I just want to have fun and build my own thing.

Preparation

This simple DIY project needs three materials and one tool:

  • 1 x Wooden Board/board of your choice.
    IKEA Wall Shelf
    IKEA Wall Shelf

    I choose my unused IKEA wall shelf as the board. The dimension of the wall shelf is 59cm in length, 24CM depth, and 1.5cm in height. You can pick any type and size of the board that fulfills your needs. The only thing that needs to be aware is the board should be able to fit the monitor's stand.
  • 4 x Furniture Legs.
    Furniture Legs
    Furniture Legs

    I am using four 8cm height furniture legs with 0 to 1.5cm adjustable height. You also can choose any size of the furniture leg according to your needs.
  • 16 x Screw
    Screw

    One thing that needs to be aware the screw length does not penetrate the wooden board.
  • 1 x Philips Screwdriver
    Screwdriver
    Screwdriver

Assembly

When I said this is a simple project, I mean it.

First, I will mark the screw spots at each corner.

Use a pen to mark the screw spot on the IKEA wall shelf
Mark the screw spot

Last, use the screwdriver and fasten the sixteen screws.

via GIPHY

That's all.

Final Product:

Monitor Riser final look
Monitor riser final look

Youtube Video(in Mandarin):

Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url